Parallel Ventures . . . . .
- was formed in 1980 during a copper mine recession that forced the closure of many mine related businesses in the Tucson area, including machine shops. IBM was the new company on the block and the surviving machine shops were not equipped to handle their precision work requirements. Meeting these requirements inspired the beginnings of several small, high-tech machine shops. This time period was a turning point for Tucson, shifting from mining to a high-tech, manufacturing oriented town.
- began in the garage of the family home with a Bridgeport mill, a lathe and a flyer offering free machine work to first time customers.
- has grown to 35+ employees with over 11,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing space.
- started operations as a prototype parts, tooling, fixture and whatever needed to be built manufacturer.
- currently specializes in close tolerance, production manufacturing for the Aerospace and Defense Industry.
- has always been owned and operated as a family business. Our founders are retired and the company is now run by their children.
- takes pride in teaching skills to the next generation. Many of our employees began in our Shipping and Receiving Department.
- several past employees have started their own competitive machine shops here, in Tucson.